Monday, September 26, 2011

RedLighter.




Reviewing something written by a friend is like walking a tightrope. You have to be honest and you want to keep your friendship, which sometimes can be difficult to do. Fortunately for me, I am able to do both and make everybody happy.

I recently purchased a comic book from my friend John Simcoe. It was a self published book titled RedLighter. John describes the book like this:
"Welcome to RedLighter, a comic that tells the story of Captain Denny Amberjack, a lighthouse keeper for the 'U.S. Light House and Rescue Corps.'"
Captain Amberjack is warned that Pirates are coming and he rushes to warn the town. Unfortunately for him, they are already there. It was fun watching him match wits with the Pirates. I enjoyed this adventure and look forward to reading more. Well done John.

John was also kind enough to send me a little booklet about the hamsters he has owned. If you'd be interested in getting this you can contact John here. John has an interesting blog that he calls Comics on the Brain. Check it out while you are there.

I also wanted to respond to a comment left yesterday by my friend Brian. Nothing is wrong. I've been a little busy trying to to get organized. It's quite an effort for me. Posting should be almost daily from now on. Just remember, you asked for it.

No comments: