Monday, October 26, 2009

Fortune Cookie.

Last week I paid an old debt. A friend of mine got a used PlayStation 2 for me. When I asked him how much I owed him he told me to take him a Chinese restaurant. We had ate a few times at one in Dalton, but a few months ago they got an F from their inspection by the Board Of Health. I have a personal policy of not eating anywhere where they fail. The place did score higher on re-inspection, but I still won't go. We decided instead to go to Rome. Sam's Club had a DVD that I have been looking for for almost 2 years, Stephen King's The Stand. The Chinese Restaurant was across the street.

We ate and had a good time. When they brought our fortune cookies each one had two fortunes in them. I don't believe in the lucky numbers posted on the backs, but if you do which one would you go with? The first of the two fortunes read "You will enjoy doing something different this coming weekend". Well, I did something different, but I really didn't enjoy it. I got sick and missed two days work. Not very enjoyable. I am feeling better today and plan on going to work tonight. The second fortune was your standard "You will be coming into a fortune". Most of the time when you get something like that it is good for a laugh and not much else. However, in this case there is more truth to that. I am not getting a fortune but I will be getting something else that is worth a lot. As for exactly what that is, I am not going to say at this time. If everything goes right by the end of the year I will reveal the answer. The only comment I will make about it is it is something I never thought I would have. Life is good and getting better.

No comments: