Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise.



I am my own tax preparer. I always file form 1040-EZ so I see no sense in paying someone else to do it. (Of course that makes my inner Jack Benny happy.) This year I filed on April 15 because I owed almost $100. The reason that I owed was from working at Taco Bell last year where nothing was withheld. So I filed, paid, and forgot about it.

Imagine my surprise when yesterday I recieved a letter from the IRS. The first thing I did was check the name and address. They matched. I opened the envelope, looked at the check, and got very happy. A note in it said I would receive an explanation in a few days. As far as how much I got, lets just say it was a little more than the $20 in my illustration. I have another five day vacation coming up this weekend so I will now do a little more than I planned. Incidentally, I will not be taking another blog break this time.

2 comments:

Caron said...

Wow! I'll be looking for my letter in the mailbox this afternoon.

Jeff said...

:) That's awesome. I love it when stuff like that happens.