Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

I really intended on posting every day. Honest. So what happened? I got sick. I could not afford to take any time off of either job so I basically went to work, ate something and went to bed. I am feeling much better now. I have to work at Taco Bell in the morning but I will only be there for four hours, then I don't have to work again until 10:00 PM Thursday night. I will be working this schedule for six to eight months, then Taco Bell will have a decision to make. I will either work two days a week, or I will work none. That is their call. I have a debt I am wanting to get rid of and I should have it gone in that length of time. My daily posting will depend on how tired I am. If I am too tired, sleep wins, if I can sleep. Lately I have been having some trouble going to sleep. I will be exhausted, lay down, and be wide awake two hours later. I do not believe in taking sleep medicine. I tried Wal-Mart's version of Tylenol PM, but did not like the way I felt when I woke up. After my wife died I went for two weeks on two hours sleep a night. I figured at some point my body would say enough and I would sleep. That is what happened. I went to bed early, slept for about eleven hours and then had no trouble after that.

When it comes to television I rarely watch network tv. Part of that is with my schedule I am only home two nights a week. Another I just don't find many shows interesting. I would rather watch cable. My favorite networks are History channel, Discovery, Food Network, A&E, Cartoon Network, and Comedy Central. Right now I am watching Dirty Jobs on Discovery as I write this. I am constantly multi-tasking. I listen to tv more than I watch. If something interesting happens I will stop and watch. Mike Rowe makes Dirty Jobs a lot of fun. He gets into some areas that you never think about but someone has to do it. It is a fascinating look at what people do. Some of them there is no way I would do them, especially anything involving snakes. Periodically I will talk about other shows I like.

Quote Of The Day
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

No comments: