Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday


Today is Black Friday, the day retail workers dread. I was fortunate. I went in 2 hours early and left at 4:00 AM, one hour before the madness started. People were arriving around midnight. When I left at 4:00 I basically had to fight my way out. To keep people from grabbing the hot items early they were put on pallets and shrink wrapped with black plastic. Employees were going to cut the plastic at 5:00. That is when the madness begins. The store I work at has not had any physical fights, but it does happen. To me, there is no bargain worth fighting over. It also is not worth it to me to even be in the crowd. I was dragged into it last year, but no more. I am sure I will hear some tales when I go in tonight. If any are worth repeating I will tell them tomorrow.

I am now on my new schedule where now through Monday I am working both jobs. Posts will be short, but I am trying to discipline myself to doing this daily. My problem is I am a world class procrastinator. I was voted Procrastinator Of the Year in 1982..........and one of these days I have to pick that award up.

Quote Of The Day
Business is a combination of war and sport.
Andre Maurois

1 comment:

Alexandra Kitty said...

The stores in some U.S. border cities should be really busy -- a lot of Canadians are going to the U.S. because of the strong Canadian dollar.