Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Oops I did it again


Once again I have great plans and very lousy follow through. I have a lot of ideas for posts and I have managed to get nothing done so far. There are several reasons for this.

1. I don't write things down. When I get ready the ideas have evaporated.

2. Lack of time. My schedule is very hectic at times. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I work both jobs, which gives me 10 hours to get anything done and to sleep.

3. I make my plans too big. I set the bar so high I am bound to fail.

4. I can be lazy at times. Did I just say that? Seriously, I can find too many things to do and then nothing gets done.

So what are my plans now? I still like the idea of daily posts. My schedule will be changing and I will have to work around that. I have been working 7 days a week and am burning myself out. I talked to my boss at Taco Bell today and my schedule will be changing starting next week. I will be off Tuesdays and Thursdays instead of Sunday and Monday. This works out better with my Wal-Mart schedule where I am off Tuesday and Wednesday. I can not take off Wednesday at Taco Bell because that is a truck day and one of my jobs is putting the truck away. The plan now will be longer posts on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and short ones the rest. The short ones will be pictures or links to fun sites, things that I can do in about 15 minutes. I am a one finger typer so it takes me a little longer to get these ready. OK. The game plan is set. Let's see how well I execute it.

Today's quote:
There comes a time in every mans life, and I've had plenty of them.
Casey Stengel

What I am not getting on EBay.

The Sandy Koufax card shown above. I was hoping to have the image under this heading but it doesn't seem to work that way. Oh well. It is not that big of a deal. At some point I will figure out how to do it. I was willing to pay $20.00 for it, but someone else wants it more. I refuse to get in a bidding war. My attitude on EBay is I set the amount I am willing to pay. If it goes for more than that, I don't get it.

2 comments:

Alexandra Kitty said...

Ha! It's great to see you blogging! Don't worry, those posts will just pour and we will be reading. :)

Travis said...

I feel you Howard. I have had blog ideas that I haven't followed through on. Its a bit late to do my my mid-year favorite CD picks. Ideas I do have are usually at work, and I for get them. So now I just have a small text file there and I just e-mail it to myself. Glad to see you on the blogging path.