Thursday, November 8, 2007

What I do

I work full time for Wal-Mart, where I stock frozen foods on third shift, 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM. That is the ideal time to work at Wal-Mart. It may be a little busy until midnight, but you can get a lot more done without being in the customers way or they being in yours. Wal-Mart is not a bad place to work. I will expand on that in a future post. Until two weeks ago my girlfriend was living with me. She moved out. Before she did I got a part-time job. She tried but for one reason or another she was unable to get one. I started working mornings at Taco Bell where I my title is cleaning captain. Basically what I do is clean the parking lot, make sure the restaraunt is clean, wash windows, put the order away when it comes on Wednesday and Saturday, and get things ready for the food preparers. I mainly cut the lids off cases so all they have to do is grab what is needed. I don't need the job now, but I am keeping it for now. It is not real hard work and I like it. The hardest days are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday when I work both places. The other days I only work at one. My posts here will be smaller on those days.

I spend a lot of time on the Captain Comics Message Board. Someone had started a quote of the day thread. It died out but I resurrected it. Here I am going post the quotes here too. I have posted two so far, so I will put them here. Somedays this may be all I post here. On Sunday I will post where the title of this blog comes from. The quotes are:

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Charles Schultz

Humor is just another defense against the universe.
Mel Brooks

Well I need to go to bed. I work tonight.

1 comment:

Radiodad said...

Hey, Howard! Glad to see you out in the blogosphere!

Finding time for posting is a problem for me, too. Just do it when you can.