Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Million Dollar Comic Book.


A couple of weeks ago I wrote about a copy of Action number 1 that sold for a million dollars. At that time I questioned whether or not it was an actual sale or a publicity stunt. As far as I can tell it was a legitimate sale, however it is no longer the most expensive comic book. A copy of Detective number 27 has sold at auction for $1,075,500. I am amazed that someone is paying that much for a comic book in this economy, but if that is what makes them happy, more power to them. I am a comic book collector, but mainly I am a comic book reader. I am more concerned with reading the story than I am the value of the book. I buy a lot of collections that reprint the stories, which is usually a lot cheaper than buying the individual issues. I know people who buy books and then store them away without reading them. I don't do that. My collection isn't going to make me rich, but that's O.K. It makes me happy, which is what it's all about.

No comments: