Friday, March 19, 2010

Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out, Part 2.


I just thought about it. In a Wal-Mart in Turnersville, New Jersey someone actually did it. About 5:00 PM on Sunday there was an announcement for all blacks in the store to get out. The store manager then got on the intercom and told everyone that wasn't true. They are investigating now to figure out who made the announcement. If it turns out to be an employee he will obviously be fired, and then face legal charges. So how did they access the phones if it wasn't an employee? It is not hard. Most of the phones have the intercom on speed dial. They even are labeled, which makes it that much easier. If the phone doesn't have that, there is a code that we can punch in to use it. I look for all the stores to go back to that system now.

I have a hard time understanding that type of thinking. I have no prejudices when it comes to people. I judge them by their character, not the color of their skin or their nationality. There are good and bad in all peoples. After all, for those of us who are white, would we want to be compared with Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer? I treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not too. I hope they catch the nut who did this. It will probably turn out to be an ex-employee or someone who just hates Wal-Mart. There are plenty of those people to go around.



This was my smile of the day. I have posted some examples of Last Kiss before. This is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Caron said...

It was dumb and totally inappropriate, but since when did that stop me from laughing like a juvenile? It would also have been funny if they had said all white people had to get out of the store.

I mean, it wasn't cool, but it was funny. It was admittedly misplaced: If stupid stuff like that wasn't funny, the late night folks wouldn't have jobs.