Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007

Borrowing an idea from a friend, who did something similar.

2007 was an interesting year. To borrow from Babylon 5, this is the introduction to season 4.
It was the year of fire,
the year of destruction,
the year we took back what was ours.
It was the year of rebirth,
the year of great sadness,
the year of pain,
and the year of joy.
It was a new age.
It was the end of history.
It was the year everything changed.
The year is 2261; the place: Babylon 5."

This sums up my year. Most of it revolves around last October. Forgive me some of this seems redundant. For me it is therapy. I tend to keep a lot inside, but this year I am going to try and open up. After 51 years I really am getting to know myself because I am analyzing myself.

It was the year of fire. My relationship with Cindy had been falling apart for awhile. it was not constantly arguing, but enough.

The year of destruction. That of course was the relationship.

The year we took back what was ours. I got my life back. No more answering to someone else, no more stress that the relationship was causing. I will not be specific here, that is between Cindy and me, and I will not use this to strike out at her.

It was the year of rebirth. Again, I got my life back. I am changing some things here and going forward.

The year of great sadness, the year of pain. This two are the same. I knew the relationship was over, but I really thought we just struggle through. I did not think Cindy had anywhere to go and I was not going to simply toss her out in the street. After she left the pain was there, but life goes on. You can sit and mope or you can go forward. I choose to keep going.

And the year of joy. As much as her leaving caused pain, the fact that she did have somewhere to go and we both can move on with our lives is great. Right now I am happier than I have been in a long time. I am enjoying life and will enjoy it a whole lot more next month when I cut Taco Bell back to 2 days a week. I will also be able to collect comic books again.

It was a new age. Using what I have learned about myself, and making some necessary changes, I am looking forward to this year.

It was the end of history. OK, that one might just a bit of an exaggeration.

It was the year everything changed. That pretty much sums it up. My life was turned upside down, but the future looks bright. I enjoy my jobs, especially when Taco Bell gets cut back. I like it now, but I am putting in too many hours. There will be regular postings on this blog starting late February. I am going to Illinois and see my parents then. when I return the daily postings start. Until then, there will be at least one post a week on my days off. More if I can work them in. 2008 should be a very good year. Thank you for reading this and thanks to all who have posted comments here. It is nice knowing you are just not shouting at the wind.

3 comments:

Travis said...

Happy New Year, Howard. I can tell you are really looking forward to cutting back at Taco Bell.

Wishing you all the best.

Alexandra Kitty said...

Here's hoping you have a wonderful new year filled with peace and happiness.

Jinxo56 said...

Thank you Travis and Alexandra. I am looking forward to this year. As a song from The Hobbit says, "The greatest adventure, is what lies ahead." Bring on the adventure.