Wednesday, February 10, 2010
10 Things That Make Me Happy.
I got this idea from my friend Caron's blog, I have A Piece Of News For You.
10. Ice Cream. My favorite flavor is Butter Pecan, but there are not very many flavors I would turn down.
9. Pizza. Like with ice cream, there are not many that I would turn down. My favorite is sausage and pepperoni on a thin crust.
8. Reading. I have always enjoyed reading. My Dad once told me that my grades in school should have been better because of all my reading. He was right about that. I just didn't want to read what my teachers wanted me to.
7. Comic Books. I still enjoy reading comic books as much as when I was younger, but my tastes have changed considerably. In future posts I will talk about what books I currently read.
6. Cemeteries. I like walking through cemeteries, looking at the stones and the designs that some have. I find it peaceful and relaxing. When the weather gets nicer I am going to take some pictures of some headstones and post it here.
5. Chicago Cubs. I have been rooting for them since 1969. Hopefully they will be in the World Series sometime before I die.
4. History and Historical Sites. My favorite historical period is the Civil War. One of the great things about living here is there are so many sites around here. I will also be posting pictures from those sites later this year.
3. Puzzles. I like doing all sorts of puzzles, jigsaw, crossword, and various word puzzles. I think it keeps my mind sharp. Of course, there are those who would make the argument that I have no mind.
2. Baseball Cards. I like telling people that I collect baseball cards and comic books. I haven't grown up yet and I'm too old to do it now.
1. Babylon 5. Babylon 5 is my all time favorite show. Obviously, since the title of this blog comes from it. One of the many things that I like about it is it told a complete story. You see that more now but it was one of the first to do it.