Thursday, June 19, 2008

Movies, movies, movies.

Tuesday night at the movies with Vickie was Cars. I had not seen the entire movie before. I had only seen about half of it. Pixar continues amaze me. When I first heard about this I wasn't real interested. Racing is not something I enjoy, although I have a better understanding of it since last February. I didn't know my Dad was a fan and I watched a race with him and he explained a few things. This is a fun movie with a moral message delivered the best way, subtly, not beating you over the head with it. The message of course is think about others, not just yourself, which covers a lot of my personal philosophy. IMDB rates this movie 7.6. I gave it a 9.



When it comes to comic books, I am more of a DC fan than I am a Marvel fan. However, when it comes to movies Marvel seems to do a better job. The Incredible Hulk has been in a tv series and a previous movie. I have not seen that version yet, but I plan to. It has Sam Elliot in it, so that puts it on my list. Anyway, no Sam in this movie. In fact it is my understanding they were trying to ignore that movie as much as possible. The Hulk did not appear that much but I was impressed when he did. After the movie I went to the Fantasy Factory, where I buy my comics, and one of the owners told me he wasn't impressed with the movie, especially the Hulks' appearances. He thought it looked too much like a video game. Different strokes. Overall I enjoyed it, which is what a good movie does. IMDB gives it a 7.9, my vote was an 8.



I couldn't find a larger picture of this movie. It ranks number 29 on the bottom 100 of the IMDB. The movie is not that bad. First of all, it stars Larry the Cable Guy so this is not going to a classic movie. If you like Larry, which I do, it is an enjoyable tale. It is a good old boy going up against some very heavy characters and he manages to bumble his way to defeating them. It is a fun movie where you can turn your brain off and just go with it. I would have rated the movie a 5, but since it was ranked so low I gave it an 8 to try and bring the ranking up slightly.



Grover Cleveland actually had more popular votes , but lost the election due to the electoral college. Harrison was the grandson of William Henry Harrison, our President with the shortest term. He won with an electoral college vote of 233-168. Cleveland would come back 4 years later to regain the presidency, thereby making him our 22nd and 24th President.

3 comments:

Radiodad said...

My son and I are looking forward to seeing the Hulk movie when it finally makes it to our small town theatre.

I love Cars. What you said about it was spot on. And while I'm not a huge fan of Larry the Cable Guy, Mater wouldn't have been the same without him.

Pat R said...

this new Incredible Hulk is a lot more fun than the first one with Eric Bana... plus Ed Norton is in his element, doing the "split personality" role

Jeff said...

I loved Cars. I watched it right after I had my stroke, so I was particularly emotional at the time, and I cried at the end of it. You know, the part where he goes back and pushes his buddy across the finish line?