Friday, October 14, 2011

Now on DVD And A Retail Story.


Green Lantern was released today on DVD. It is one of the movies that I saw and my review of it is here. As I mentioned then, I was rather disappointed with it. It was not a bad movie, I just wanted to see more than what they showed us. It was a box office disappointment, bringing in $116,601,172. It brought in almost that much overseas, but considering they spent $200 million making it, it was not very successful. It is rated a 6.1 on the IMDB. I will be buying a copy of it when it gets down to around $10.

I made a customer mad the other night but I really don't feel bad about it. A man tried to return a cell phone, claiming his phone didn't work and he wanted to exchange it for another one. Normally that is not a problem, however, he did not have the original packaging that it came in. I don't want to go into great detail about everything that I check out during a return, just in case somebody stumbles across this post and tries to figure out a way around what we do. Let's just say what I saw from this phone gave me reason to believe the man was being as truthful as a politician. He claimed he had talked to somebody "up front", and they had told him that exchanging the phone was no problem. Not having the original box was a major problem, and he also was missing the charger that went with the phone. He did have a receipt, but I refused to make an exchange for him. When I told him I was in a do anything for him the man went storming towards the front of the store and said, "Something will be done about this phone tonight." There is no doubt in my mind that the phone was either stolen or just an old phone that he was trying to exchange for a new one. After he left, I called one of the managers and told her what had happened. She told me not to worry about it, and that she would back me all the way. If there's something legitimately wrong I will do everything that I possibly can to make it right for a customer, however, I'm not going to let anybody rip me off. I've been doing this long enough to know the tricks that people can come up with. Incidentally, the man has not come back yet. Some other store may have had to deal with things, but we haven't.

No comments: