Friday, May 1, 2009

Grocery Shopping At Toys 'R Us.

In the tough economic times businesses are trying many different things to get extra dollars from their customers. Toys 'R Us has decided to put in what they are calling the 'R Market in about half of their stores. They will be carrying snacks, breakfast foods, baking mixes, beverages, candy, paper goods, health and beauty care items, and laundry and cleaning supplies. Those items do make a good fit for them. I don't shop there much. the closest store is in Rome and I don't go there often. The next time I go I will see if that store has the 'R Market.

Toys 'R Us is not the only chain planning on expanding their food selection. Target has announced when they remodel stores they will be expanding their food offerings. They will be adding refrigerated cases and devote more space to food. If this will help either chain remains to be seen.


Yesterday I mentioned that the death toll in Mexico had gone done. Last night while I was working I realized I should have used one of my favorite Babylon 5 quotes. In the episode "The Summoning' from season 4 Captain Sheridan has returned to Babylon 5 after being absent for awhile. When he arrives there is chaos on the station. When they see him one of the aliens says:

"Captain. We thought you were dead."
Sheridan replies, "I was. I'm better now."


For nine innings yesterday the Cubs did fine. they scored two runs while holding the Marlins to two. In the tenth however it all fell apart. Aaron Heilman couldn't get anybody out and Florida beat the Cubs 8-2. They play again this afternoon.
Winthrop J. Quiggy and Travis were both right. Japan is the land of the rising sun.
Today's question is Grade 4/U.S. Social Studies.

How long is one regular term for a U.S. Senator?

I knew this one. 87-16.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Answer: 6 years