Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Trek Part 1.

"Only question I ever thought was hard Was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?"

White and Nerdy.
Weird Al Y
ankovic

I really don't find that hard. Picard all the way.

I really thought that I had seen and read all of the Star Trek that i was going to. I really liked the series in all of its incarnations, but I really didn't have desire to continue. Two things have changed that. Today I am going to the theater to watch Star Trek. What I have seen and read it looks really interesting. in my book, the original series ranks third behind Th
e Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. I am not a big William Shatner fan, and a lot of the episodes of the original were not that good, especially the last season. As far as the movies go I really liked Wrath Of Khan and The Undiscovered Country was good. The rest are not bad but I really don't have plans of watching them again. The Next Generation movies were not as good as the series. I have not seen the last one.

This movie on the other hand looks exciting. I have read where some feel J.J. Abrams has breathed new life into the franchise. I will let you know tomorrow what I think.

The other thing that has me interested in Star Trek is a paperback book I bought at a library book sale. The title of the book is Planet X by Michael Jan Friedman. In it the crew of The Next Generation meet the X-Men. What better pairing since Patrick Stewart has led both teams. When I read it I will write a review.

I am not sure what happened to the size of the letters. Leave it me to mess something up.
The Prime Meridian is zero degrees longitude.
Today's question is Grade 2/Astronomy.

The planet Earth is located in what galaxy?

I knew this one. 94-17.


1 comment: