Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving.



I hope that everyone who reads this has a really nice Thanksgiving. I have already had my Thanksgiving meal, beef tips and gravy and mashed potatoes, which I ate at eight o'clock this morning. I don't eat turkey because I don't believe in cannibalism. ( Sadly, I have actually had to explain that joke to some people.) A couple of my friends had invited me to their homes for today, but since I have to go to work at eight o'clock tonight, I declined. Tomorrow I'll comment on the madness of this year's Black Friday sale.

The first Thanksgiving that my wife and I had together was memorable. She had injured her knee and was not able to cook. We were living in Hanover Park, Illinois, and were about 200 miles away from family. She enjoyed turkey and I offered to fix it. Following her directions on how to do it everything appeared to be going well. When carving up the turkey, I found out that they had placed two bags inside the turkey. I had removed the one from the main cavity, but they had also put one inside the neck, which I hadn't bothered to check. Of course, throughout the years, I had several reminders of doing that. However, anytime she brought that subject up, I reminded her of the first meatloaf that she made for me. I don't really know what she did wrong, but that thing was inedible.


No comments: