Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions.


I don't do formal New Year's resolutions. To me it is like setting yourself up for failure so I avoid it. I am new to be making a few changes, most of which involve simplifying my life. I have too much stuff, so it is time to get rid of some of it. I'm going through my books and a lot of them are going. Likewise, I'll be weeding out some of my baseball cards, the collection is just getting too hard to maintain a so I'm going to focus on fewer sets. When the weather gets better I'm going to go to a flea market and sell as much as possible. Other things I will donate to the Salvation Army. I'll let you know how this goes.

Sometime this year I will return to Florida for a day, this time to see the Gulf of Mexico. During the return trip I will stop by the Little White House in Warm Springs, Georgia. I'll be posting pictures when I do that. I did do more traveling last year, but not as much as I had planned on. That is another change that I want to make. There are plenty of one day trips that I can make around here, and I'm going to see more of this area. This year I get three weeks vacation, so in addition to my annual Illinois trip and the Florida excursion, I will to at least one other overnight trip, probably going to the Memphis area. I have a lot of my friends that I've never met there, so I will try to see as many of them as I can.

I had mentioned that each day of my blog will have some kind of the theme. Right now, Wednesday's theme will be there is no set theme. I will be trying to post everyday, but of course when I am traveling, there won't be anything here.

No comments: