Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flea Market Find 2.


Writers block has struck again so Here are a couple more of the cards I got from the flea market. The first is another Neal Adams card, this time of Eric Montross. Montross was the 9th overall pick in the 1994 draft. His rookie season was fairly good, but after that not so well. He retired due to a foot injury after the 2002 season. These are the only Adams cards I have sound so far. I did find two more of the Charlie Ward cards which I posted here. If anyone would like to have one email me with your address and I will mail it to you.




The second is from the 1989 Bowman set. My friend Ben is blogging about this set. It is a father and sons cards featuring Cal Ripken,Sr and his sons Cal Jr and Billy. There were 3 other father/son cards featuring Ken Griffey, Sandy Alomar, and Mel Stottlemyre. You can see Mel's card here. I did not get too many 89 Bowman cards, which was actually a good thing. Those cards are slightly larger than regular cards and the way they were packed most of them were damaged. Fortunately the Ripken card wasn't.No guesses on yesterday's question. Only female kangaroos have pouches.

Today's question is Grade 4/Cultural Studies.

True or false? The Taj Mahal is an example of Gothic architecture.

I knew this one. 58-13.

1 comment:

Travis said...

False.

I was never a big fan of the Bowman cards way back when I collected. One the larger size like you said, and I just didn't care about the look of them either.