Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Magical World.

In a couple of hours I am going to go to a theater and revisit the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To prepare for it, this past week I have watched the previous five movies. I find the world of Harry Potter a fascinating place. I own the first six books. The only reason I haven't bought The Deathly Hallows yet is it is not out in paperback. It was supposed to be out recently, but I haven't seen it yet. I didn't get into the books until the movies had started coming out.

I have enjoyed everything that I have read and watched. To me the movies and books are two separate entities. You can enjoy the movies by themselves, but by reading the books you gain so much more. I have read complaints about certain things being left out, but unless you make a five or six hour movie you have to. I have been impressed with the adaptations that have been done. In my opinion they have been faithful to the spirit of the books, which to me is what makes them successful. Tomorrow I will give you a review of the movie.
The Punic Wars were fought between Rome and Carthage.
Today's question is Grade 2/Grammar.
What is the name for the punctuation mark used to form a contraction?

I knew this one. 112-20.

1 comment:

Travis said...

I never could get into Harry Potter.

Answer: apostrophe