Friday, July 17, 2009

A Surprising Find.

I read a news article that said starting in August tattoo parlors in Illinois will be inspected by the local health department. I was amazed. I thought that had been done all along. Silly me. I then decided to check about the regulations in other states. I found out that New Mexico, North Dakota, and Washington D.C. have no regulations at all. A lot of states do not require any licensing or health inspections. The main requirement seems to be you can not tattoo minors.

I don't have a problem with tattoos, but I will never get one myself. I have this fear of needles that prevents that. I don't like getting shots or having blood drawn so there is no way that I am going to get a tattoo. I wonder how many people would if they knew about this lack of regulation.
Travis was right. Of those three states New Mexico was the furthest south.

Today's question is Grade 3/Literature.
True or False? Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is an example of nonfiction.

I knew this one. 110-19.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Answer: false.

Needles don't bother me so much as long as I don't have to see them. I just turn my head away

Quiggy said...

My late fiancee got hepatitis-C from a tattoo, but that was from sharing a needle with her sister-in-law (from a previous marriage). Just the same, I have an aversion to needles, so I never got one.