Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Outrageous!

Those people in the Georgia House of Representatives and Senate are at it again. Some people are highly upset and want all of them voted out of office in the next election. So what are these terrible people forcing upon us? If you get caught driving over 85 miles per hour your fine is automatically $200, not counting the local fine. The nerve of those people. Expecting Georgians to drive the speed limit. Why that is darn near unconstitutional.

As I was reading this article on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution website, I thought it was a good idea. After all, it won't cost me anything. When on the Interstate I set my cruise control on 70 and don't worry about it. I found it amazing when reading the comments left about this story. There were 35 comments before anyone spoke in favor of it. What part of slow down and you don't get a fine don't you understand? When I am on the Interstate, and I avoid it as much as possible, I get passed a lot. There are as many out of state drivers that pass me as Georgians. If this will slow them down a little I am all for it.

Another thing that some find outrageous is alcohol stings. Police sent an underage person into 10 restaurants and 4 of them failed. Some see that as a waste of the policemens' time. Again, if they refuse service there is no problem. Obviously those 4 needed a wake up call to watch closer. Some argue the law should be changed. That is no reason not to enforce the law. People really are amazing.
Winthrop J. Quiggy was right. Mars is the red planet.

Today's question is Grade 1/Dates and Time.

Today is April Fools' Day. If you set your sister's clock back two hours and her alarm goes off at 7:00 A.M., what time will she wake up?
I knew this one. 63-14.

2 comments:

Mike Parnell said...

We went through something like this in Virginia, but the law was written to increase fines only for Virginia residents. If you got caught driving over the speed limit and you were from out of state, your fine was less than a resident.

It got voted out, quickly.

5 is the answer.

Quiggy said...

Among other things that gets people up in arms in general about having to obey laws that inconvenience them. One of the biggest ones around here is complaining about having to pay fines for going around low water barriers, if your car gets stuck and you have to be rescued.