Saturday, April 11, 2009

Quite A Night.

Woke up, fell out of bed,
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,
And looking up I noticed I was late.

A Day In The Life.
John Lennon-Paul McCartney.

Well maybe not quite like that. If I drag a comb across my head all I am doing is scratching it. My apartment doesn't have stairs. Also, it was a can of Diet Coke, not a cup. Last night I woke up, looked at my clock to see the time, and was greeted by flashing lights. Naturally that meant at some point the power had gone off. I went into the front room to check the time on my caller ID. Of course there was a message so I had to check that out to get the ID back to time. When I finally found the time it was 10:11. I made it to work at 10:30, half an hour late. Then the fun continued.

I was working in the dairy department. A milk truck was due in around 2:00 A.M. Normally all I have to move some bread racks to clear the back hallway so the milk can be put in the cooler. However last night someone had pulled two pallets of eggs into the cooler and left them. I had to empty the pallets onto the shelves in the cooler. Then I went to the meat cooler where the new dairy freight was. Before I got that done a meat and produce truck showed up. There were 16 pallets on that truck, 12 of them for produce. One of my co-workers pulled the pallets off the truck and I had to take the produce area. By the time I was done with that it was 2:00. The milk truck wasn't there so I took a break. As soon as my break was over, the milk truck arrived. The only thing I have to do is check the pallets of milk and make sure everything is there. Easy work, but time consuming. By the time he left I finished breaking down the pallets and went to lunch. It was 3:40. I had been busy all night and had only stocked 2 cases before lunch. When I got back I put out as much as I could until 7:00 and went home. Occasionally there are nights like that. Fortunately they don't happen too often.

The Cubs were beaten by the Brewers 4-3 yesterday. Kevin Gregg has had a rough start as the Cubs closer. He was the loser in the game. That is the way it is when you are a closer. One day you are a hero, the next day a goat. Carlos Zambrano tries for his second win tonight.
Sorry Travis. Winthrop J. Quiggy was right, Herbert Hoover preceded Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Calvin Coolidge preceded Hoover.

Today's question is Grade 5/World Geography.

The Pope will celebrate Easter Mass in St. Peter's Basilica. In what country will he be?

I knew this one. 71-15.

2 comments:

sdifugydfkjbhcvjk said...

I'm mostly certain (98%) that Vatican City is a sovereign nation. I'm only fairly certain (71%) that it contains St. Peter's, but I'm going with it anyway.

Vatican City.

Today's Word Verification word is:

rediumme- uncertainty in a can

-Dagwan

Jeff said...

Man, Howard, I've had those days too. Not fun.

I have to admit, I was rooting for the Brewers. Sorry! ;)