Monday, April 27, 2009

Remodeling Again.

Last year the Wal-Mart I work at replaced all the meat cases, the dairy cases, and the bunkers,(the small cases that are usually between the wall and the grocery aisles.) At that time I questioned the wisdom in not replacing the frozen food cases. After all, those cases were just as old as the others. Logic never has been a strong suit with those who make these decisions. The cases were left. In the last four months the ice cream case has gone down three times. Starting tonight,over the next two weeks, all the cases will be replaced. The new cases are the state of the art, energy efficient models. I saw some of them last fall when I went to Illinois. They are very attractive looking. I realize most people wouldn't find them as interesting as I do. Ever since I started working in retail, I find things like fixtures and displays fascinating. If you hadn't figured out yet I am a little odd, you haven't been paying attention.


Kosuke Fukodome celebrated his birthday by hitting a three run home run and driving in five runs. The Cubs broke their losing streak with a 10-3 win over the Cardinals. I am glad Harry Carey is not around with Fukodome on the team. The way Harry butchered names, WGN would probably lose their license from the FCC.The Cubs are in Arizona tonight to start a series with the Diamondbacks.


Venus is the second closest planet to the sun.
Today's question is Grade 2/Science.

True or false? Sleet is a form of precipitation.

I knew this one. 83-16.

No comments: