Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day.

Being the great procrastinator that I am, I did my taxes at 7:00 A.M. this morning. I waited until the last minute because I figured I would have to pay something. Taco Bell did not withhold any income taxes. Much to my amazement I had actually overpaid this year. The government owes me 58 cents. I decided to be magnanimous and let the government keep it. No praise is necessary. I am just doing my patriotic duty.

The cartoon you see here is from a strip called Last Kiss. John Lustig, who has worked for Disney for over 20 years, bought the rights to a lot of pages of old romance comic books from the '50's and 60's. He then writes new captions for them. If you have time, check out his archives. He has some very funny things there.
Travis got this one. New Years Day was the federal holiday.
Today's question is Grade 4/Math.

True or False? Negative numbers are greater than zero.

I knew this one. 74-15.

1 comment:

Quiggy said...

I remember once I had to pay $1.10. At the time, my bank charged me 25¢ per check. There was no way in hell I was going to get charged for writing a small check, so I sent it without payment. The next year I had to pay about $28. Plus the late fee of something like 6¢, I paid about $30.

OK, I'm not entirely sure at this late a date, but I could've sworn they threw negative numbers at us before 4th grade. But they are less than zero.