Monday, November 30, 2009

Coming Soon To a Grocery Store Near You.

Martha Stewart is branching out again. This time she is aiming for the grocery store shelves. She has signed a deal with Hain Celestial Group, Inc. to produce poultry, baking mixes and dry pastas. It will be interesting to see how well this line will be received. Of course, she is not the first celebrity to put her name on a food product. Paul Newman, Paula Deen, Rachel Ray, Wolfgang Puck, Emeril Lagasse, and Jimmy Dean are just a few of the celebrities whose names can be found on a wide assortment of products.

When it comes to Martha there are many who love her and many who hate her. Personally I don't care either way. From what I have read about her I get the impression that she is demanding and can be brusque. She sounds like several bosses that I have had. Will I buy any of her food products? Probably not. Not because her name is on it but because I buy according to price, not brand. If I want something in a category that she is selling and the price is right, I will get it.



I was called to the office last night. I was almost sure why I was being called, but one of my friends told me as I was going there "It was nice working with you." We joke about that a lot. It was time for my annual evaluation. My anniversary date is December 31. They try to get the evaluation done a month ahead. It was a very good one, and when I reach the anniversary date I will be getting a raise.

2 comments:

Caron said...

Hooray! Congratulations.

I have a thing against poultry: I have for years. I would never, ever put my name on a brand of poultry. I see trouble in her future!

Caron said...

Oops. Let me clarify: I have a thing against the poultry industry.