Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Lemon Drop Kid.

Vickie's schedule at Wal-Mart has been changed and we no longer have Tuesday night at the movies. Her schedule has stabilized and she is now off on Wednesdays. Since we get our checks every other Wednesday we now only watch a movie the opposite week. Last night we watched my favorite Christmas movie, The Lemon Drop Kid. I love Bob Hope movies. If I am flipping channels and find one of his, which sadly doesn't happen much anymore, I leave it there. The movie is about a racing tout who gives bad advice to a gangsters girlfriend in Florida. He is given three weeks to repay the gangster, or, as he is told, "You will find your head in your stocking." The money is due on Christmas Day and will be collected in New York City. Hope runs a charity scam to get the money. One of his accomplices is William Frawley. The movie has a good cast and is very funny. The Christmas song Silver Bells debuted here. I first watched it when I was young. It usually played on Christmas Day along with A Christmas Carol starring Alistair Sim. The Internet Movie Data base rates it 7.1, my rating was 9.
The answer to yesterday's question of course was North Dakota. The answer to the bonus question that I asked was Bismarck. I am pretty good when it comes to state capitals. We learned them when I was in sixth grade. We would have a contest like a spelling bee with capitals. I won a lot of those.

Today's question is Grade 3/History.

Today is Martin Luther King,Jr.'s birthday. At what Washington landmark did King deliver his famous "I Have A Dream" speech in 1963?

Chalk up another one that I knew. I am now 7-5.

1 comment: